Who is Steny Hoyer? Steny Hamilton Hoyer is an American attorney and politician serving as the United States Representative for Maryland’s 5th Congressional District since 1981 and as House Majority Leader since 2019. Democrat, he was first elected in a special election on May 19, 1981, and is currently serving in his 20th term. The district encompasses a large swath of rural and suburban land southeast of Washington, D.C. Hoyer is the dean of the Maryland Congressional delegation and the eldest Democrat in the House. Since 2003, Hoyer has been the second-ranking Democrat in the House of Representatives behind Nancy Pelosi. He was twice leader of the majority in the House, having previously held the post from 2007 to 2011 under Speaker Pelosi. During two periods of Republican House scrutiny, Hoyer served as Minority Head of the House, both times under minority leader Pelosi.
|Born:||Steny Hamilton Hoyer, June 14, 1939, New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Education:||University of Maryland, College Park (BA), Georgetown University (JD)|
|Preceded by:||Kevin McCarthy|
|Twitter:||Steny Hoyer’s Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Steny Hoyer’s Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Steny Hoyer’s Facebook profile|
|Youtube:||Steny Hoyer’s Youtube channel|
|IMDb:||Steny Hoyer’s IMDb|
He majored in law from Georgetown University.
He was President of the Maryland State Senate from 1975 to 1978.
His marriage to Judith Hoyer produced three children: Stefany, Anne and Susan.
He and his Maryland Democratic political colleague Ben Cardin both served in the United States House of Representatives.
10 Facts About Steny Hoyer:
- Steny Hoyer was born as Steny Hamilton Hoyer on June 14, 1939 in New York City, New York, United States. He grew up in Mitchellville, Maryland.
- Moving on to his family, he was born to his mother Jean Baldwin and his father Steen Theilgaard Hoyer. His father was Danish while his mother was American, with German, English and Scottish ancestry.
- Hoyer completed his undergraduate degree at Suitland High School based in Suitland, Maryland. In addition, he received his Magna cum Laude degree from the University of Maryland, College Park in 1963.
- In 1966, he earned his j.d. at the prestigious Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, D.C.
- Steny was the first vice president of the Young Democrats of America (YDA), the official youth arm of the Democratic Party of the United States.
- American politician Hoyer was married to Judith Pickett Hoyer, who was an advocate of early childhood education. She died of cancer in February 1997.
- Hoyer and his wife were blessed with three daughters named Anne, Susan and Stefany. His daughter Stefany Hoyer Hemmer opened up about being a lesbian with Washington Blade.
- She has gained popularity on social media including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Additionally, she has gained 130.8k followers on Twitter.
- Steny’s biography, family, personal data, and information about Steny’s political career are added to the Wiki. He did not disclose his estimated net worth as of December 2020.
- 81-year-old lawyer and politician Hoyer is a member of the advisory board for the Center for the Study of Democracy. He began his career in politics at the age of 23.
steny hoyer speech today wife salary twitter majority leader party biography age accomplishments and nancy pelosi ameripac approval rating achievements assistant aides bio beliefs ballotpedia bills job board resume bank congressman committees contact calendar congressional district chief of staff email campaign c span d md map duties daily office dear colleague d-md election education 2020 results earmarks endorsements history for congress facebook family faith floor president first name schedule green new deal gun control georgia on my mind grandchildren govtrack getty images home state house hometown how old hair part help with a federal agency h. h vs chris palombi impeachment internship inauguration tickets issues interview instagram immigration description john lewis poster january 6 jan kevin mccarthy hong kong joe kennedy liz cheney leadership legislation pac last night letter legislative larry hogan mailing address maryland in washington dc whip mckayla wilkes military service net worth news number origin national guard nationality opponent the or guns political phone position pronunciation primary polls quotes represents what role responsibilities religion reelection retirement speaker 2021 representative title term track record tweets team underpaid unemployment us voting views votes wiki website wealth weekly years young youtube yoho ted 2019 pictures hoyer’s steny.hoyer 5th 5 600 65 million