Table of Contents
Who is Shalanda Young?
Shalanda Young has been appointed as Neera Tanden’s successor as Biden’s nominee for deputy director of the Office of Management and Budget.
|Education||Loyola University New Orleans, Tulane University|
Young’s exact age is unknown. However, she began her professional career in the United States House of Representatives in 2007.
She previously earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Loyola University New Orleans. Additionally, she attended Tulane University, where she earned a master’s degree in health administration.
To have earned a Master’s degree by 2007, Shalanda Young must be around 40-something, especially given the official bio states she moved to Washington, DC nearly two decades ago to work in politics.
Career before her OMB nomination
Shalanda Young is a native of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, but currently works in Washington, D.C., as the Clerk and Staff Director for the House Appropriations Committee.
She relocated to Washington, D.C., two decades ago to work at the National Institutes of Health as a Presidential Management Fellow.
Young is currently responsible for the $1.3 trillion annual appropriations bills, disaster relief, and a variety of other aspects of covid-19 spending.
CNN describes Young as a well-respected Democratic Party member.
“While Young is little known outside of the US Capitol, his reputation as Democratic staff director for the House Appropriations Committee carries considerable weight on both sides of the aisle.”
Young will succeed Neera Tanden as deputy director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), as Neera Tanden’s nomination has lapsed.
Republican Senator Richard Shelby of Alabama is among those urging her to take the helm.
Shalanda Young is a married woman.
According to The Advocate, Young grew up in Clinton, Louisiana.
She was raised by her grandmother, Mary Lee Wilson, before relocating to Baker with her mother, Loyce Young Smith.
Izzy is apparently Young’s Italian Water Dog, or Lagotto Romagnolo (“lake dog from Romagna”).
Apart from the foregoing, little information is available about Shalanda Young’s personal life or biography. There is no information about her relationship or marital status.
Shalanda Young’s Facts
- Shalanda Young is best known as an accomplished political advisor who currently serves as the deputy director of the Office of Management and Budget under Biden’s administration.
- At the time of this writing, she had not disclosed any information about her family.
- On the internet, you can also find an official Wikipedia entry for Shalanda Young.
- Young was born and raised in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Her early childhood background remains unknown.
- Shalanda is a highly educated young woman who earned a bachelor of arts degree from Loyola University New Orleans.
- Similarly, she continued her education at Tulane University, earning a master’s degree in health administration.
- Shalanda Young appears to be keeping the details of her husband and children a secret, as there is little information about her personal life.
- On the other hand, Young has spent more than a decade as a member of the staff of the US House Committee on Appropriations.
- Similarly, Shalanda’s current salary and net worth are unknown. However, it is assumed that her earnings are substantial as a result of her successful political career.
age salary bio omb director wikipedia education net worth acting appropriations office of management and budget baby blog birthday birthing person birthdate background credentials confirmed confirmation hearing daughter d. delores email ethnicity family for husband history house high school white images instagram is married biography wiki linkedin maternity leave nomination neera tanden partner parents politico photo picture washington post qualifications richard shelby resume spouse sorority senate vote twitter tweets tulane testimony