Who is Leigh Ann Caldwell? Leigh Ann Caldwell (Washington, August 15, 1978) is an American political journalist from Washington, D.C. She is the Capitol Hill correspondent for NBC News.
Leigh Ann Caldwell is an accomplished political reporter currently covering the events on Capitol Hill for NBC News. Previously, Leigh Ann worked for CNN, CBS & numerous other media networks.
Personal Life & Family Background:
- Leigh Ann Caldwell was born on August 15, 1978 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- She currently lives in Washington D.C.
- Leigh Ann is married to Gregory B. Jaczko, a physicist who chaired the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) from 2009 to 2012 during the Obama administration.
- Born in 1970, Jaczko is originally from Pennsylvania & grew up around Albany, New York.
- The couple, who married in May 2007, now have two children – a boy and a girl.
Qualifications & Education:
- Leigh Ann studied communication and political science at North Carolina State University, a public research university located in Raleigh, NC. She graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in 2000.
- An accomplished athlete, Caldwell received a four-year grant for distance swimming at NC State.
Job, Salary & Net Worth:
- Leigh Ann worked as a television producer during her time in college.
- Shortly after graduation, she moved to New York City to pursue a career in journalism. She initially worked in the hospitality industry and then started doing freelance radio work.
- In 2004 she launched Radio Rootz, which she also directed until 2012. Radio Rootz was an educational initiative that taught media and broadcasts to youth in schools found in disadvantaged areas.
- In 2006, Leigh Ann became a news editor at Pacifica Radio, a liberal progressive station, where she stayed until 2011. While there, she hosted the Election Unspun, covering the first year of Barack Obama’s presidency. She then moved to Washington, D.C., and began to focus on covering the United States Congress.
- In 2011 Caldwell became a multimedia producer for C-SPAN and started working as a political writer for CBS in 2012.
- This was followed by a stint as both a political writer and producer for CNN in 2013 before moving to Capitol Hill to cover NBC News in October 2014.
- She has also worked as a reporter for Radio France International for some time.
Interesting Facts & Trivia:
- At first, Leigh Ann thought she would become a sports journalist because of her great passion for swimming. She only began to consider a switch to politics towards the end of college.
- The Independent Press Association awarded her a prize for investigative journalism for her work on the reconstruction of New York City in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks.
- While reporting for radio, Leigh Ann also covered the constant struggle for survival in the devastating aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
- She was the first journalist to interview ex-presidential candidate John Edwards after his fraud scandal.
- Her excellence in the investigation enabled her to be one of the first journalists to bring the news of the scandalous behavior of US Secret Service agents in Colombia in 2012.
- In January 2019, Caldwell’s husband Gregory released a memoir about his time on the Nuclear Regulatory Commission entitled “Confessions of a Rogue Nuclear Regulator.”
- When Justice Anthony Kennedy withdrew from the Supreme Court in 2018, Leigh Ann tweeted a rumor that President Trump was negotiating with him about the naming of his successor, who eventually became Brett Kavanaugh.
- This ended as an unfounded rumor, and Leigh Ann deleted the tweet, but not before receiving backlash for the action.
Leigh Ann Caldwell is a veteran American political reporter currently covering the events on Capitol Hill for NBC News. Ann Caldwell’s initially relocated to New York City to enter the journalism industry. Her first attempt began in 2004 when she served as the director of Radio Rootz, a youth radio program that teaches radio production and media literacy.
Age and birthday
Born August 15, 1978, United States. As of 2019 she is 41 years old. Ann celebrates her birth on August 15 every year. She will turn 42 on August 15, 2020.
Length and weight
Ann is of medium height and moderate weight. She seems to be quite tall in stature, her photos, relative to her surroundings, are all to go along. When you consider her seductive physique it is very clear that Ann is engaged in exercising and staying physically fit.
It is unclear what her workout routine consists of, but it is clear she is sure to work out. However, details regarding her actual height and other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We are keeping an eye and will update this information once it is out.
Ann studied communications and political science at North Carolina State University in Raleigh. She graduated with a Bachelor of Science in 2000. Her ambition to become a journalist when she was 10 years old. In 2000 Caldwell graduated from North Carolina State University with a bachelor’s degree in Communications and Political Science. Other Personalities: Robert Gibbs
After doing our research, details about her parents are not available and it is also unknown if she has any siblings. However, this section is still under investigation and will be updated as it becomes available.
Ann is married to Gregory B. Jaczko, a physicist who served as chairman of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission during the Obama administration. Born October 29, 1970, Jackzo was chairman of the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). The couple tied the knot in May 2007 and are blessed with two children, a boy, and a girl.
A physicist with experience in public policy in academia and serving on Congressional staff, he is deeply interested in the development of nuclear energy and its relationship with the American public. On May 21, 2012, he announced his resignation pending confirmation of the next person to fill the role.
Her annual salary is estimated to be between $ 24,292 and $ 72,507 or an hourly wage of between $ 10.15 and $ 31.32. This is according to our average wage estimates for a journalist in the United States
After her professional career as a journalist, Leigh has been able to accumulate an estimated net worth of $ 1 million – $ 5 million.
Measurements and facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Ann.
Leigh Ann Caldwell Bio and Wiki
Full names: Leigh Ann Caldwell
Popular as: Leigh Ann
Profession / Profession: Journalist
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Religion: To be updated
Sexual orientation: Straight
Age / How old ?: 41 years
Zodiac sign: Leo
Date of Birth: August 15, 1978
Place of birth: United States.
Birthday: August 15
Body measurements: To be updated
Height / How high ?: Average
Eye color: Brown
Hair Color: Blonde
Shoe size: To be updated
Dress size: to be updated
Breast Size: Updateable
Waist size: to be updated
Hip size: Too updated
Family and relationship
Father (Father): M. Caldwell
Mother: Mrs. Caldwell
Siblings (Siblings): Updating
Marital Status: Married
Husband / Husband: Gregory B. Jaczko
Net worth and salary
Net Worth: $ 1 Million – $ 5 Million
Salary: $ 24,292 and $ 72,507
Source of income: Her professional career as a journalist
House and cars
Place of Life: Washington, D.C
Cars: Car make is updated
Leigh Ann initially moved to New York City to pursue her dream job in journalism. Her first attempt started in 2004 when she served as a director of Radio Rootz. Radio Rootz is a youth radio program that teaches radio production and media literacy. She raised money for the program and worked with them until December 2012.
Early life & education
Leigh Ann had the ambition to become a journalist when she was 10 years old.
Throughout her childhood she had an interest in swimming, which led her to believe she would become a sports journalist.
In 2000 Caldwell graduated from North Carolina State University with a bachelor’s degree in Communications and Political Science.  While attending NC State, she was a long distance swimmer for the NC State Wolfpack.
Leigh Ann initially moved to New York City to take up the journalism profession. Her first attempt began in 2004 when she served as the director of Radio Rootz, a youth radio program that teaches radio production and media literacy. She raised money for the program and worked with them until December 2012.
Before her career in journalism strengthened, Caldwell waited tables and worked as a freelancer. In January 2006, she began working as a news editor and correspondent for Pacifica Radio. While she worked there, she was the host and executive producer for Election Unspun.
She eventually moved to Washington, D.C. to work full-time and started covering the US.
In March 2011 Caldwell became a multimedia producer for C-SPAN.
There she attended the radio and television correspondents of 2011 and 2018 respectively.
In January 2012, Caldwell began writing for CBS News as a political writer.
In August 2013 she became a political writer and producer for CNN.
On October 6, 2014, Leigh Ann Caldwell began working for NBC News. [
Leigh Ann is married to Gregory Jaczko, a former chairman of the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). The couple has two children.
She was a Division 1 distance swimmer. She is also a certified yoga instructor.
Caldwell’s most hated foods are carrots, celery, licorice, donuts, beef and cherry-flavored everything.
One of her most memorable moments professionally in recent years was the night of the pivotal Senate vote to overthrow patient protection and affordable care law.
It was around dinner time when Senator John McCain, who had returned just days after being diagnosed with brain cancer, and of course just hours before the vote that saved the Affordable Care Act, walked by her while she was FaceTiming her kids.
He stopped to talk to them, ask them their names, and make silly faces to make them laugh. Apparently in a reflective mood, he told her never stop taking pictures of her kids because their childhood is going through too soon.
leigh ann caldwell instagram husband hairstyle bio swimmer images illness pictures age brain cancer biography bill underwood nbc body cnn did have has had diner does ethnicity facebook face mask family health problems how tall is old 2019 imdb married who news reporter msnbc nc state swimming net worth anne obituary of parents salary twitter teeth wikipedia leighann