Table of Contents
Who is Kristen Dahlgren?
Kristen Dahlgren (48 Years old) is an American journalist based in New York. She was born on July 27, 1972, in Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States of America. Kristen Dahlgren is best known for her contribution to NBC Nightly News, WWLP-TV & KGW-TV and is currently working on NBC News as a journalist. She lives In New York, United States. Kristen has one child named Cielle who was born in 2016. Kristen Dahlgren is married and has a husband. But, Her husband’s name had not been revealed. Kristen stands at a height of 5 ft 4 in (approx.1.62m.)
In 1972, She was born in the United States. She is well-known as an attractive news anchor. She is, in fact, on the list of the world’s most beautiful journalists. Christen has managed to keep her personal life details private despite being a very successful and well-known celebrity. In fact, there are currently no details about her family or any other facts available on the Internet. Kristen is quite active in social media, particularly on Twitter. She started using Twitter in 2010 and has about 3.5k followers.
NBC and Career
Kristen first gained attention in 2010 when she appeared on Worldwide Exchange.
She landed her dream job at NBC News, and she served as a correspondent for NBC News Decision 2012 during the 2012 Presidential election campaign.
She has appeared on Weekend Today, Today, and NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt on a regular basis. She’s also appeared on Megyn Kelly Today and Sunday TODAY with Willie Geist as a guest.
She reports any type of topics from breast implants to hurricane reporting to the Spartan Race in Phoenix, Arizona. When she interviewed Oprah Winfrey in 2017, one of her dreams came true. She is a frequent guest on NBC News and MSNBC. In 2011, she was hired by the network. Dahlgren covered the story of Zolgernsma, a life-saving drug for spinal muscle atrophy, for NBC News. For a single dose, the drug costs $2.1 million dollars. On July 26, 2019, the story was published.
In February 2018, Kristen wrote an article for Today titled “Why freezing my eggs was only one piece of my fertility puzzle.” She discusses the difficulties she faced when freezing eggs and having children in her article. She also discusses why she chose to freeze her eggs. She also stated that none of the 17 eggs she had frozen would be usable when the time came for her to start a family. Dahlgren was eventually able to conceive with her current eggs at the age of 43.
Diagnosed with Cancer
In 2019, she was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer. A small dent on her right breast prompted her to take action. In 2016, she conducted a breast cancer interview with Dr. Deborah Rhodes at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. Beyond lumps, the interview focused on the less well-known symptoms of breast cancer. In a segment titled “Kristen Dahlgren shares her battle with breast cancer,” she discussed her personal battle with breast cancer with Dr. Natalie Azar on the Today Show on December 11, 2019.
In a CNN news interview on December 12, 2019, she expressed her gratitude for her reporting job landing her at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota to learn about the disease. She also stated that she is undergoing chemotherapy. When it comes to diagnosing the disease, she continued, mammograms “are only 87 percent effective and are less sensitive in women like me with dense breast tissue.”
Kristen Dahlgren, an attractive NBC reporter, is married to her husband and has a happy marriage.
Unfortunately, the media does not have access to information about her life partner.
Currently, the couple has succeeded in keeping their personal lives low-key or under the radar.
As of 2021, Kristen Dahlgren’s has a net worth of $1.5 Million. Kristen has a salary of $150K per year.
Personal Life, Parents, and Family Background:
- Kristen was born in Kalamazoo, Michigan, on July 27, 1972.
- Except for the fact that she is happily married with a young daughter, little is known about her early life or family background.
- She was happy to share her story to help and inspire other women, despite her difficulties in becoming a mother.
- Kristen froze her eggs in 2011, knowing that she had always wanted a family but would have to wait until she was older due to work commitments.
- Kristen became pregnant naturally only a few months after they married. Unfortunately, experiencing the joys of motherhood would be a long process. Lyme disease and blood clotting, among other complications, resulted in miscarriages and heartache.
- She used her frozen eggs as an “insurance policy,” but each of them failed.
Kristen became pregnant for the second time at the age of 43, after several miscarriages and heartache. Cecille, her “miracle daughter,” was finally born.
Interesting Facts and Trivia:
- Kristen says on Twitter that she loves being a wife and mother and considers herself the luckiest person alive. She also enjoys living life to the fullest and attempting to capture it in 280 characters.
- Kristen’s video of her interviewing an 11-year-old blind girl about her hopes for America’s future went viral. She asked the girl if there was anything she couldn’t do as the interview came to a close. The girl’s response was, “See.”
- She is a strong supporter of American veterans who have been injured while serving their country.
Illness / Health Update / Sick: Kristen Dahlgren
- Kristen was assigned to interview Dr. Deborah Rhodes at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota in 2016. Dr. Rhodes was diagnosed with breast cancer after insisting on a second opinion after noticing a subtle change in her breast shape. Kristen, like most women, had been taught that lumps were the only sign of breast cancer up until that point.
- Kristen discovered a slight dent in her right breast while getting ready for her 47th birthday a few years later. Kristen was diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer in the year 2019. After 8 rounds of chemotherapy and 25 rounds of radiation, she was declared cancer-free in April 2020.
- Dahlgren now realizes that reporting on that story saved her life, as well as the lives of many other women.
Kristen has blue eyes color and has blonde hair color.
That’s all the information about Dahlgren’s bio, leave a comment below if you have any questions!