Table of Contents
Who is Kelly Cobiella?
Kelly Cobiella is an American journalist based in the United Kingdom’s capital city of London. She is an NBC News journalist who is renowned for her versatility as a reporter with a lot of expertise.
|Real Name||Kelly Cobiella|
|Age (as of 2021)||47 Years|
|Birth Place||Frankfurt, Germany|
|Height||in feet inches – 5’ 7” – in Centimeters – 170 cm|
|Weight||in Kilograms – 62 kg – in Pounds – 136 lbs|
|Shoe Size||7.5 (U.S.)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kelly was born in Frankfurt, Germany, but grew up in the Denver, Colorado area. The exact date of birth of the correspondent, however, is not yet known to the public. As a result, determining her exact age or when she celebrates her birthday is difficult. Nonetheless, we are keeping an eye on things and will keep you updated as soon as this information becomes available.
Height and Weight
Kelly appears to be quite tall in stature if her photos, in comparison to her surroundings, are any indication. However, information about her actual height and other body measurements is currently unavailable to the public. We’re keeping an eye on things and will update this post as soon as new information becomes available.
Cobiella attended and later graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison with a Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Affairs.
After conducting our research, we discovered that no information about Kelly’s parents is available, nor is it known if she has any siblings. This information, however, will be updated as soon as it becomes available.
Husband and Wife
Cobiella has a husband. She married an Englishman whose name and other details are still unknown to the general public. This information, however, will be updated as soon as it becomes available.
Kelly and her husband exchanged wedding vows in April 2011. Their wedding ceremony was held in private, with only their closest friends and relatives present. The couple leads a low-key life, and all of their personal life details are kept private. The couple has not disclosed whether or not they have children with each other.
Career and NBC
Cobiella got her start in journalism as an early morning weather anchor and reporter in Grand Junction, Colorado. Before joining CBS, she worked for KJCT, an NBC affiliate news channel. At CBS, she was promoted to weekday anchor. She worked for CBS’s new path as a news correspondent for eight years straight, where she got to work in Miami, Dallas, and New York City.
She moved to Hereford, England, and worked as a London Correspondent for ABC News after working for CBS from 2003 to 2011. She worked for ABC’s World News Tonight, Good Morning America, and ABCNews.com. After working for three years in a row She began working as a London news correspondent for another news broadcaster, NBC News, in August 2014. Her notable NBC News reporting includes coverage of the British Royal Family, Wikileaks, the Oscar Pistorius trial, and breaking news events.
Salary ranges at NBC News range from $42,235 to $137,261 per year on average. However, these figures can vary significantly depending on the employee’s level of seniority. We do not yet know Cobiella’s exact salary, but we will keep an eye on it and provide an update as soon as it becomes available.
Cobiella’s Husband: Who Is He?
Kelly Cobiella is married to a British man, but she has not revealed any information about him. She married her British husband in April and they have a son.
One can see how privately the UK-based journalist has managed her life by scrolling through her Instagram account. She has uploaded a photo of her husband, but she does not share any information about him or the baby, not even their names, knowingly or unknowingly.
Kelly, an NBC News Correspondent, is not as active on social media, but she was active on Instagram for the last time in 2014. Despite this, there is no doubt that the Emmy Award-Winning journalist married the man she loved. Despite being born in the United States, she moved to the United Kingdom to be with her husband. In August 2014, she also requested a transfer to the United Kingdom so that she could be closer to her spouse.
Kelly and her British husband have a son and are frequently seen hanging out together on Instagram. The couple is frequently seen on the beach and in other exotic locations with their adorable baby boy.
Awards and Achievements
In 2010, Cobiella was a member of the team that won an Emmy for “Outstanding Business and Economic Reporting in a Regularly Scheduled Newscast.” She received the honors while working as a co-anchor on CBS Evening News with Katie Couric.
Her NBC News team was nominated for an Emmy Award for “Outstanding Coverage of a Breaking News Story in a Newscast” in 2017.
Kelly has amassed a net worth of between $500 thousand and $1 million as a result of her career as a journalist. She also has a London apartment, which can be counted as one of her personal assets. On July 25, 2014, she moved into her new home.
Employees at NBC News earn an average annual salary of $73,107. However, wages range from $42,235 to $137,261 per year on average, depending on experience and position. At NBC, a news anchor earns an average of $66,383, while a reporter earns $52,654 per year.
She began her career in 1994 and rose through the ranks to become an NBC journalist. So, without a doubt, the veteran journalist with extensive experience will be receiving a sizable salary in the near future.
Interesting Facts & Trivia
- Kelly admits to being a yoga addict and an aspiring sailor. Another pastime she enjoys is… going for a walk in the countryside!
- Kelly learned how to be a Jedi Warrior for one of her early newscasts. This was for covering the Star Wars: The Force Awakens premiere.
- Kelly married an Englishman in 2011 and moved to England. It is unknown whether the couple has any children.
- She is currently residing in London.
- Kelly was born in Frankfurt, Germany, but grew up near Denver, Colorado.
- She graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1993. Her Bachelor of Arts is in International Relations and Affairs.
- Kelly studied for a year at the Institut d’Études Politiques (IEP) in Aix-en-Provence, France, during her undergraduate studies.
- Kelly’s journalism career began in Grand Junction, Colorado, where she worked as an early morning weather presenter for KJCT-TV before progressing to anchor, producer, and reporter.
- After a year, she joined the KCOY news station in Santa Barbara, California, where she reported the weekend news. After three years, she was promoted to weekday host.
- Kelly moved to Miami in 1998, with a few years of experience under her belt, to co-anchor the early evening newscast for WPLG.
- She worked for CBS News from 2003 to 2011, reporting from cities such as Miami, Dallas, and New York City.
- Kelly left the United States after her marriage and relocated to Hereford, England, where she worked as an ABC News news correspondent (London).
- She began working for NBC News as a London News Correspondent in 2014.
- Kelly received a Peabody Award for her coverage of the United States’ economic crisis.
- She has also received an Emmy Award for ‘Outstanding Business and Economic Reporting in a Regularly Scheduled Newscast.’
- Kelly has also covered stories about the British Royal Family, the Wikileaks and Julian Assange scandal, and the trial surrounding South African Paralympic champion Oscar Pistorius’ murder trial.
- She is no stranger to conflict, having traveled the world to cover stories such as the Camp Bastion attacks in Afghanistan and the Libyan revolution, as well as to Cuba to report on the Castro regime.