Table of Contents
Who is Jasmine Crockett?
Jasmine Felicia Crockett (born March 19, 1981) is an American attorney and politician who represents the 100th district of Texas in the Texas House of Representatives. She was elected in July 2020 and took office in January 2021.
Early Life and Education
Crockett was born in the city of St. Louis, Missouri. She graduated from Rhodes College with a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration. Crockett wanted to be an anesthesiologist or a Certified Public Accountant as a student before opting to go to law school. She graduated from the University of Houston Law Center with a Juris Doctorate.
- JD, Law, University of Houston Law Center, 2007-2009
- BA, Business Administration, Rhodes College, 1999-2003
Crockett stayed in Texas after law school and worked as a civil rights attorney. Before starting her own law office, Crockett worked as a public defender in Bowie County, Texas. Crockett and her associates took on the pro bono cases of several Black Lives Matter activists during the George Floyd protests.
A special election was held to fill the balance of Eric Johnson’s term in the Texas House when he resigned to become the mayor of Dallas. Crockett barely defeated Birabil in the Democratic primary for a full term in the Texas House in July 2020. In January 2021, she took office.
Experience in Politics
2021-present Representative, Texas State House of Representatives, District 100 Candidate, Texas State House of Representatives, District 100
Legislative Committees Currently Active
Business and Industry Committee member
Criminal Jurisprudence Committee member
Associate, Halton and Doam Law Firm, 2006-2007 Attorney, Crockett Law, Professional Limited Liability Company, 2010-present Assistant Public Defender, Bowie County Public Defender’s Office, 2007-2010
Memberships in religious, civic, and other organizations
- Currently serving on the board of the State Bar of Texas’ African American Lawyers Section.
- Currently serving as President of the Dallas Black Criminal Bar Association.
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated, current member
- Currently a member of the National Bar Association.
- Presently, I am a member of the Texarkana Young Lawyers Association.
- Former member of the Boys and Girls Club’s board of directors
- Former member of the Texarkana Junior League
- Former member of the Texas State Bar’s Leadership Council
- Former Metrocare Services Board Member
jasmine crockett age husband bio staff attorney instagram texas law firm texarkana dallas blog ballotpedia vs lorraine birabil chief of campaign email election results endorsements facebook felicia f house district 100 lawyer opponent office state representative rep tribune twitter crockett-watkins