Who is MSNBC Garrett Haake? Garrett Haake is an American journalist and Washington correspondent for MSNBC. He is also famous for his work on NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt (1970), NBC News Special: The Funeral of Ted Kennedy (2009), and The Ben Shapiro Show (2015).
Hake raises a good amount of money from his career as a journalist. As of 2019, he has a net worth of $ 1.2 million. Aside from her career, what about his personal life? Is he married to his wife? Let’s find out more about Garrett Haake’s bio in this article.
Table of Contents
Bio and Wiki
Garrett Haake was born on the 1st. From 2019 he is 33 years old and his zodiac sign is Gemini. So far, there is no information about his parents and early life. Haake’s brother is named Jack Haake. He has US citizenship and belongs to white ethnicity.
In terms of his education, Haake graduated from Southern Methodist University Meadows School of the Arts with a Bachelor of Arts (BB) in Journalism. In addition, he was a member of the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity.
How Much is Garrett Haake’s Net Wealth and Salary?
As we already know, Garrett Haake is known for being a famous American journalist and Washington correspondent. So without a doubt, he has earned very high and appropriate wealth from his journalism career. In 2019, Haake’s net worth is reportedly around $ 1.2 million.
In fact, his net worth is around $ 500,000 left in 2017. Similarly, he is earning more than the average earnings considering his fame and experience in the media field in 2017.
As of now, Haake is working as a Washington correspondent for MSNBC, but the actual salary amount is only up to her. As per pay scale, MSNBC meteorologists in the US paid around $ 45,652 to $ 90,740 per year. That means Haake could have gotten a substantial salary in the thousands of dollars mark. Likewise, MSNBC reporter Katy Tur, who has a net worth of $ 4 million.
In addition to this, Garrett Haake’s income and earnings are enough for him to maintain a standard lifestyle in a luxurious way. No wonder, his asset will definitely increase in the near future as he is still committed to his career. Furthermore, there is no information about his car, house, and property.
Garrett Haake is 6 feet 4 inches (1.93 meters) tall. Due to his height, Garrett weighed nearly 83 kilograms (182 lbs). Also, he is a dashing man who commands attention in any room.
First wife? Is he married?
The American TV reporter, Garrett Haake, is a married man. He tied the wedding knot with his longtime girlfriend Sara Murray after dating for about six years. His wife Sara is also an American journalist who is now a leading political reporter for CNN.
Haake first met Murray on then-presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s tour bus in 2011. Then they started dating shortly and finally got married on the 24th. Well, he proposed to Sara during Thanksgiving on November 28, 2015.
April 2019, they celebrated their second wedding anniversary. In addition, the two often go out to beautiful destinations. Currently, the two are living happy life in Washington DC.
Updated 2021 :
Garrett has moved on from his first marriage and is now dating Allison Harris.
Allison is a reporter for Dallas’ News Fox 4. Garrett announced their impending nuptials on Instagram.
Allison is now Garrett Haake’s wife. The two will also stay together as Allison moves to Washington D.C
Garrett Haake was previously married. On April 24, 2017, Haake married CNN political reporter Sara Murray.
They met in Iowa while covering Mitt Romney’s campaign. Garrett and Sara dated for a while before Garrett proposed to Sara on Thanksgiving 2015. They have a six-year-old daughter. But the relationship couldn’t last and the couple officially separated. They share custody of their daughter.
|Facts of Garrett Haake|
|Full Name:||Garrett Haake|
|Age:||35 years 7 months|
|Birth Date:||June 01, 1985|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius, Libra|
|Birth Place:||Texas, USA|
|Husband / Wife Name:||Mitt Romney|
|Siblings:||one (Jack Haake)|
|Education:||Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Journalism from the Southern Methodist University Meadows School of the Arts|
|Height / How tall? :||5 feet 11 inches|
|Net Worth:||$1.4 million|
|Award:||News & Documentary Emmy Award for Outstanding Live Coverage of a Current News Story – Long Form,|
- Height: 5ft 11 inches
- Age: 33 years
- Weight: Unknown
- Hair color: Blonde
- Eye color: Green
Parents, Siblings, Nationality, Ethnicity
Born on 1985, June 1, Garrett Haake is currently 34 years old. You may be wondering about Garrett’s family and early life background, we’ve also been looking for them. Either the names of his parents or the type of job they do. Garrett has kept his personal information hidden.
He has kept his early life away from the public revealing so far. But he uploads pictures of his family so there is not much information. He grew up with one of his siblings, Jack Haake (a brother). He belongs to American citizenship and is white-American by ethnicity.
Did you know?
- How old is Garrett Haake? – Garrett Haake was born on the 1st. From 2020 his age is 35 years.
- What is Garrett Haake’s net worth? – According to data from 2020, his estimated net worth is around $ 1.4 million.
- How tall is Garrett Haake? – Garrett Haake has a height of 5 feet 11 inches.
- Is Garrett Haake married? – Garrett Haake is a married person. His wife’s name is Mitt Romney.
Education, College, University
On her way to education, Garrett graduated with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Journalism. It was from the Southern Methodist University Meadows School of the Arts.
During his time in college, he was more into non-curriculum exercises, just like the Sports Editor for The Daily Update, Daily Campus, etc. Garrett was president scholar. In addition, he was a person from the Lambda Chi Alpha club.
Read more ‘Be somebody Nobody thought you could be’ An award-winning reporter, Kelly O’Donnell was invited to become a dancer, but ended up becoming a journalist!
- Garrett Haake
Career (NBC, 60 Minutes, WUSA-TV) and Awards, Nominations
Garrett began working for NBC Nightly News in New York. He later turned to become a partner maker on NBC Nightly News (2009-2011). To cover the president’s decisions in 2012 and 2011, he was elected as one of the eight installed correspondents.
After moving to Kandahar in 2014, Garrett spoke about the United States’ contribution to the war in Afghanistan. It was a 60-minute story. Later, he started working on WUSA-TV. After two years of work, he was filtered to MSNBC as a journalist.
Garrett began advertising from Capitol Hill. He has been nominated for Emmys several times as in the NBC News Special: The Funeral of Ted Kennedy, Perfect Storm: Climate Change and Conflict, etc. In addition, he won many Emmy Awards for his natural and narrative revealing. This includes Blown Away: Southern Tornadoes, the excellent coverage of a Breaking News Story in a regularly scheduled newscast, etc.
Garrett moved to Kandahar in 2014, where he detailed and shot 60 minutes in length telling the story of the end of the United States’ contribution to the war in Afghanistan.
Garrett started working at WUSA-TV. After two years, he later filtered to MSNBC as a reporter and began advertising from Capitol Hill. To add to this, Haake won two Emmy Awards for his natural and narrative revealing.
Garrett Haake Nominations and Awards
- Two Emmy Awards for his environmental and documentary reporting. In addition, he has been nominated for Emmys for five times. His nominations came in 2010, 2011 and 2012.
- In 2010, his work in the NBC News Special: The Funeral of Ted Kennedy earned him a nomination. Also the same year, his work on Perfect Storm: Climate Change and Conflict also earned him a nomination for Best Story in a regularly scheduled Newcast.
- Similarly, in 2011, his work for Earthquake in Haiti earned him an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Coverage of a Breaking News Story in a regularly scheduled newscast.
- In 2012, he received two Emmys in 2012 for “Blown Away: Southern Tornadoes”. This was for best story in a regularly scheduled newscast and also for the excellent coverage of a Breaking News Story in a regularly scheduled newscast.s.
- Garrett Haake is an American journalist and Washington correspondent for MSNBC.
Education Background & Early Career:
- Haake attended Klein High School before moving on to Southern Methodist University: Meadows School of the Arts, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Journalism.
- He was a president’s Scholar while in SMU and active in leisure activities, such as being Sports Editor for The Daily Update and Daily Campus. He was a member of the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity.
- While still in college, Hakke interned with NBC Nightly News in 2006. He was hired full-time by the network when he graduated & became an associate producer on NBC Nightly News in New York from 2009-2011.
Job Timeline, Salary & Net Assets:
- In 2011, Haake was elected one of eight embedded journalists for NBC News, covering the 2012 presidential election. He covered Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign.
- This proved to be a memorable task for Garrett because he met his future wife while covering Romney’s campaign.
- Later, he continued to be KSHB-TV’s general task reporter, fill-in anchor guest analyst for PBS’s Kansas City Week in Review. before moving on to WUSA-TV in Washington D.C.
- After two years on WUSA-TV, Hakke moved to MSNBC as a correspondent, where he was reported from Capital Hill, or where his assignment takes him.
- Haake won two Emmy Awards for his environmental and documentary report.
Sary Murry and Garrett Haake Relationship:
- Garrett married Sara Murray on the 22nd. The couple met in Iowa in 2011 when they both covered Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign.
- They tied over the long hours and fast food during the year-long campaign.
- The pair continued to be an issue even after Romney’s campaign was over. In 2015, while spending Thanksgiving with Sara at her home in Michigan, Garrett suggested.
Garrett’s and Sarah’s Wedding:
- Their wedding was held in Austin, Texas. Held at Wild Onion Ranch, the front desk was a mix of rustic and elegance.
- Guests were able to snap photographs of animals such as rabbits and baby goats, while a herd of longhorn cattle roamed the grounds.
- Guests were treated to a proper Texas menu with a queso bar, grill, tacos and a dessert bar with pies and s’mores.
- A large bunch of silver foil balloons spell out ‘Let’s Get Weird’ encouraged guests to let go, and dancing was a highlight of the evening, kicked off by Haake’s favorite song ‘Shout’.
- The newlyweds returned for their honeymoon in Australia. But their plans were almost scuppered because they forgot to apply for a visa.
- A few tense hours followed before getting their visas, and the couple spent a wonderful honeymoon exploring The Great Barrier Reef and taking pictures with a koala.
Interesting Facts, Elevation & Trivia:
- Haake is a SMU Mustangs supporter.
- He also has a soft spot for rescue dogs. His dog, Shiner, was rescued from the Kansas City Pet Project, an organization that has a no-kill policy.
- His Twitter bio also said he is taller than he watches TV.
- His wife, Sara, is also a political journalist, CNN reports. She came into the spotlight when President Donald Trump appointed her to write critical and less than flattering coverage about him. President Trump accused her of being a “total novice reporter” and turned the audience against her. Sara reported her car had been vandalized and entered by Trump supporters in response to her doing her job.
How tall is Garrett Haake?
He stands at a height of 5 feet 11 inches tall
Is Garrett Haake married?
Yes, he is married to Sara Murray CNN journalist Sara Murray.
How much is Garrett Haake worth?
He has not yet revealed his net worth. We will update this section when we receive and verify information about wealth and properties under his name.
How Much Money Does Garrett Haake Make?
At the moment we do not have the exact salary for his, but we will keep track and update when it is available.
Where does Garrett live?
He’s a resident of Washington DC, we need to upload pictures of her house as soon as we have them.
Is Garrett dead or alive?
He is alive and in good health. There have been no reports that he is ill or has any health-related issues.
Where’s Garrett Now?
He pursues his career in journalism. He works as a Washington Correspondent for MSNBC.
Garrett Haake is a two-time Emmy Award-winning journalist who specializes in environmental and documentary reporting. Additionally, he has been nominated for five Emmy Awards. In 2010, 2011, and 2012, he received nominations. In 2010, he was nominated for his work on NBC News Special: The Funeral Of Ted Kennedy.