Table of Contents
Who is Felicia Sonmez?
Felicia Sonmez is a Washington, D.C.-based American journalist. Felicia Sonmez is a national reporter on the breaking political news team at The Washington Post. After Kobe Bryant died in January 2020, she posted a link to an article that said he had been accused of sexual assault. This got her banned.
She attended a high school in the area. After graduating from high school, she attended one of the most prestigious universities, Harvard. 2005 marks the year of her graduation with a Bachelor of Arts in Government.
In addition, she attended the Tsinghua University in Beijing, China. During her time at the university, she studied Advanced Chinese and became fluent.
- On January 26, 2020, hours after Kobe Bryant’s death, Felicia Sonmez posted a link to a 2016 article titled “Kobe Bryant’s Disturbing Rape Case” from The Daily Beast.
- Her since-deleted tweet sparked outrage, with Sonmez claiming that “10,000 people” commented and “emailed me with death threats.”
- Screenshots of the messages show that she responded to the hate mail by saying, “Well, THAT was eye-opening.” She did this to emphasize that she had nothing to do with the article she tweeted.
- “It is important to remember any public figure in their entirety, even if that public figure is beloved and that entirety is unsettling,” she insisted.
- Reports say that she sent another tweet about the harassment. One of the tweets included a screenshot of her work email that showed how she was being treated badly.
- Tracy Grant, the managing editor of the Washington Post, told the Daily Mail that the political reporter was “put on administrative leave” while the paper looked into whether her tweets about Bryant broke its social media policy.
- Grant told the news site, “The tweets displayed poor judgment and undermined the work of her colleagues.”
- Later, Sonmez deleted the offensive messages.
The Washington Post suspended Felicia Sonmez in January 2020 for tweeting about rape allegations against Kobe Bryant just hours after Bryant’s death in a plane crash that also claimed the lives of nine others.
Bryant was accused of rape in 2003 by a 19-year-old hotel worker in Colorado. Bryant later admitted to cheating on his wife, Vanessa Bryant, and the case was dismissed.
The Washington Post told Fox News that Felicia Sonmez’s tweets “displayed poor judgment that undermined the work of her colleagues.”
Felicia Sonmez was born on June 6, 1983, in the year 1983. She was born in Washington, D.C., in the United States. Similarly, the journalist is currently 37 years old. She is of Caucasian descent and American citizenship. In addition, she was born under the sign of Gemini.
Regarding her family, she has not disclosed the identities of her parents. Likewise, there is no information regarding the Journalist’s siblings. Thus, the identities and names of her family remain unknown. She was raised in Washington, DC by her parents.
Career and Professional Life
Felicia Sonmez is a reporter and journalist at the Washington Post who is proficient in multiple languages. At Tsinghua University, she instructed local children in English. Similarly, she was a correspondent for Agence France-Presse. During her time in China, she joined China Real Time Report as an editor.
After returning to the United States, she worked for numerous media outlets and published countless articles. She has worked for The Los Angeles Times, The Huffington Post, The Wall Street Journal, The Chicago Tribune, and The Independent Uk. Similarly, she covered the 2008 US presidential election for a Japanese news agency. Additionally, she has served as co-editor for the Wake-Up call.
She joined Washington Post for the first time in 2010. She worked as a journalist and covered national politics until 2013. She also covered the 2012 elections. In addition, she was threatened with dismissal for her controversial tweet. She was cleared of the suspension and is currently employed by the Washington Post.
Awards and Net worth
To date, she has not received any awards. Similarly, she has amassed a respectable amount of wealth through her career as a journalist. Her net worth is $200,000 USD.
Felicia Sonmez is a woman who is married. However, she has not disclosed information about her husband or marriage. She has maintained a low Internet profile and is cautious about what she posts online.
Body measurements and Social media
Felicia Sonmez is well into her 40s. Regarding height, she is 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs 56 kilograms. Likewise, her body measurements (chest-waist-hips) are currently unavailable. She has light brown hair and brown eyes that are honey-glazed.
She actively uses Twitter. Her verified Twitter account has 95k followers and she frequently tweets news articles. Additionally, she has a private Instagram account with more than 1,700 followers.
Age, Parents, Ethnicity, and Educational Level
She was born in Washington, DC, in 1983. The identities of her father and mother are unknown.
Felicia is descended from Caucasians. Regarding education, she attended Harvard University and graduated in 2005.
She obtained a bachelor’s degree in Government from this institution. She also attended Tsinghua University for advanced Chinese studies.
|Full Name||Felicia Sonmez|
|Nick Name||Felicia Sonmez|
|Birth Name||Felicia Sonmez|
|Place Of Birth||Washington, D.C|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Government|
|Husband||Will Update Soon…|
|Children||Will Update Soon…|
|Parents||Will Update Soon…|
|Siblings||Will Update Soon…|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches|
|Shoe Size||6 (UK)|
|Net Worth||$200 Thousand|
|Source of Wealth||Media Industry|
- She will be 38 years old in 2022.
- Her birth sign is Gemini.
- She identifies as a Christian.
- She enjoys eating spicy foods.
- Felicia is able to communicate in Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, and English.
- She previously taught English in Beijing.