Who is Ben Sasse? Benjamin Eric Sasse is an American politician who has served as the junior United States Senator for Nebraska since 2015. He is a Member of the Republican Party.
|Real Name||Ben Sasse|
|Occupation||university teacher,politician,management consulting|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Date of Birth||1972/02/22|
|Place of Birth||Plainview|
|Education||Harvard University,Harvard University,Yale University,Yale University,St. John’s College,St. John’s College|
|Employer||Midland University,United States Department of Health and Human Services,Jeff Fortenberry,University of Texas at Austin|
|Languages spoke and written|
|Political Party||Republican Party|
|Position held||helper,chief of staff,chancellor,Q13217683,Q13217683,Q13217683,Q13217683,Q13217683,Q13217683,Q13217683,Q13217683,Q13217683,Q13217683,Q13217683,Q13217683,Q13217683,Q13217683,Q13217683,assistant secretary|
|Religion||Lutheranism,Evangelical Lutheran Church|
Who is Ben Sasse Wife? Ben Sasse is married to Mellisa Mcleod Sasse. And while there are no details on how and when they met, the couple have three children together, Alexandra, Breck and Elizabeth Sasse.
In 2015, the Republican party politician began owning his home state of Nebraska in the US Senate. Previously, he was chief of staff, Office of Legal Policy, US Department of Justice and advisor to the US Department of Homeland Security.
After earning a bachelor’s degree from Harvard University and a master’s degree from St. John’s College and Yale University, he received his PhD in history from Yale University.
For the first two decades of the 21st century, he taught at the University of Texas-Austin and was President of Midland University in Nebraska.
As a child of Gary and Linda Sasse, he grew up in Plainview and Fremont, Nebraska.
During the George W. Bush presidency, Sasse served as the US Department of Health’s Deputy Secretary for Planning and Evaluation.
Ben Sasse is an American politician who has served as the United States Junior Senator for Nebraska since 2015. Sasse is a member of the Republican Party. He was also an assistant secretary for the US Department of Health and Human Services. He is the 15th and past president of Midland University in Fremont, Nebraska.
He is active on the social media platform with around 280 followers on his Twitter account: @BenSasse and has around 11k followers on his Instagram account: @senatorsasse
Also on October 13, 2020, Ben Sasse caught up with NPR’s Noel King while serving on the Senate Judiciary Committee on the confirmatory hearings for Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett. Sasse is currently very busy for his upcoming 2020 U.S. Senatorial election in Nebraska, which will take place on November 3, 2020.
What is Ben Sasse famous for?
American Celebrity Celebrity Politician
Best known for serving as the Junior United States Senator for Nebraska
Where is Ben Sasse from?
Ben Sasse was born on February 22nd, 1972 in Plainview, Nebraska, USA. His birth name is Benjamin Eric Sasse. His nationality is American. His ethnicity is white while Pisces is his zodiac sign.
Sasse was born to Gary Lynn Sasse (father) and Linda Sasse (mother). His father was a high school teacher and soccer coach. His grandfather Elmer Sasse worked for 33 years as Vice President of Finance at Midland University.
He grew up a Lutheran in his hometown of Nebraska and was baptized Lutheran Missouri in the Synod. He graduated from Fremont Senior High School and graduated in 1990. He later attended Harvard University and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in government in 1994.
In the autumn of 1992 he was studying a junior overseas program at Oxford University. He received a Master of Arts in Liberal Studied from St. John’s College. He also holds a Master of Arts, Master of Philosophy, and Ph.D. in history from Yale University. His submitted dictatorial dissertation “The Anti-Madalyn Majority: Secular Left” also won Theron Rockwell Field.
Ben Sasse career: highlights
- Ben Sasse began his professional career in 1994 as an associate consultant at the management consultancy “Boston Consulting Group”.
- He worked as a consultant until November 1995.
- He was then Managing Director of Christians United For Reformation (CURE).
- After CURE merged with the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals (ACE), he became the managing director of ACE.
- In January 2004, he began serving as Chief of Staff for the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington D.C.
- He also worked as a part-time professor at the University of Texas at Austin.
- In January 2005, he left the Justice Department and began serving as Rep. Jeff Fortenberry’s chief of staff.
- In July 2005, he left his job and became an advisor to the Secretary of the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
- Sasse was selected for the post of Assistant Secretary at HHS.
- He worked in the department until January 2009.
- In October 2009, he officially joined the University of Texas LBJ School of Public Affairs.
- He was recognized after he was announced as the 15th President of Midland University in October 2009.
- He became one of the youngest college presidents in the nation at the time.
- On December 31, 2014, he stepped down as President of Midland University.
- In 2013 he joined the Republican Party.
- In October 2013, he announced that he would run for the 2014 Senate election in Nebraska.
- Sasse rose to fame after winning the general election for the US Senate on November 4, 2014 with 64.4 votes.
- He was also one of sixteen senators who voted against a law preventing a partial government stalemate in February 2019.
- As of now, he’s busy competing for the 2020 Nebraska Senate election, which will be held on November 3, 2020.
- The other competitors for the post are Democrats Chris Janicek and Preston Love Jr.
- On October 13, 2020, NPR’s Noel King and Sasse spoke to the Senate Judiciary Committee about the confirmation hearings for Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett.
Ben Sasse wife
Ben Sasse is married. He is married to his only wife, Melissa Sasse. The couple is blessed with three children. Your children will be homeschooled. Sasse and his family live happy lives in Fremont, Nebraska.
Sasse is also an author. He wrote “The Vanishing American Adult”. His other book, Them: Why We Hate Each Other, was published in 2018 and made him the New York Times bestselling author in October 2018.
Sasse came into conflict with current and 45th US President Donald Trump when he called Trump’s executive order approving economic stimulus packages an “unconstitutional slop” after Congress failed to agree on a second COVID-19 aid package.
Trump responded by referring to Sasse as RINO (Republican In Name Only) and further stating that Sasse had “become villains”. Trump previously tweeted about him that he “looks more like a gym rat than a US Senator.
Ben Sasse earned a lot of money with his job as a politician, professor and author. After starting his career in 1994, Sasse has achieved great success throughout his career. With all of his earnings, Sasse managed to amass a net worth of $ 6 million. He currently lives a luxurious lifestyle on his income.
Ben Sasse height
Ben Sasse is a handsome man in his late 40s. He has a beautiful complexion with brown hair and a pair of brown eyes. He stands at a height of 5ft 10 inches and weighs 61kg.
Did you know?
- Ben Sasse worked as an advisor to the Department of Homeland Security in Washington, D.C.
- During his time in Texas, he criticized the Obama-era proposals to expand health programs.
- During his tenure as president, the number of students at Midland University grew from 590 to 1,300.
- He also taught at the University of Texas
- During high school, he was a good graduate student
- He was also one of twelve senators to back a resolution that would enforce a constitutional amendment that limited the Supreme Court to nine judges in March 2019.
- Sasse is a member of the Grace Church Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) ward in Fremont
ben sasse twitter trump statement speech wife wiki nebraska religion age amy coney barrett article audio approval rating acb astros accomplishments a book bio biden beliefs list ballotpedia birthday vs chris janicek contact polls college cnn congress comment committees civics lesson crooked media district daughter dissertation debate dc phone number donors degrees democracy education election email results certification eyeliner address family facebook essay full fremont faith photos graduation video glenn beck ginsburg gun control gospel coalition govtrack guns height harvard hometown house high school wrestling healthcare homeschool impeachment instagram in the news internship interview images trial iq judiciary committee jack jobs judge judy shelton kavanaugh hearing transcript koch brothers ken paxton live latest letter liberty score lincoln project journal star office midland university mailing merrick garland mitt romney mckinsey married melissa mcleod maiden senator nyt net worth new york times now ny on issues open of sasse’ @ben ben. president political views party policies platform positions poll numbers quotes questions questioning them quarterback quora reelection retiring remarks rino r ne recording (r-ne) staff senate floor supreme court u.s. sen. today tonight tweets tw term us uber up for driver youtube voting record gene siadek website wsj who is he washington write yale yard sign yesterday 1st amendment to big 10 2020 2014 2016 2018 538 5 freedoms foot bookshelf 60 books