Table of Contents
Who is Basil Smikle?
Basil Smikle is a policy strategist and analyst in the United States. He is also a professor who teaches policy and politics. Basil has appeared on Mornings with Maria Bartiromo, CNN Today, and S.E. Cupp Unfiltered.
Smikle is a highly accomplished individual who has earned a number of degrees through his formal education to date. The expert is also a teacher who has been in the field for a number of years.
Basil has appeared on numerous news outlets, lending his insight and experience to a better understanding of the political situation in the United States. Smikle has also previously worked for the Democratic coalition’s pioneers in the public authority authorities.
|Age||In the late forties|
|Profession||Political Strategist and Policy Advisor|
|Education||Ph.D. in Politics and Education|
Early Life & Education :
- Basil Anthony Smikle, Jr. was born in New York City on January 12, 1972, to Jamaican parents.
His father was a textile worker, and his mother was a public school special education teacher.
- Basil attended various parochial schools while growing up in New York City’s Bronx borough.
- Basil attended Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, from 1989 to 1993.
He earned a Bachelor of Science in Industrial and Labor Relations.
- He went on to study at Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs from 1994 to 1996.
He earned a Master’s degree in Public Science.
- He also received his doctorate in Politics and Education from Columbia University in February 2019.
Personal and family life:
- In January 2000, Basil met Marjorie Fields Harris, the woman who would become his wife.
Marjorie was the Executive Director of Reverend Al Sharpton’s civil rights organization, the National Action Network, at the time.
As her top aide at the time, Basil was attending a meeting at the Network to set up an appearance for then-Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton.
- Basil proposed to Marjorie in March of the same year, and the couple married on May 26, 2001, at St George Episcopal Church in Manhattan.
After a few years, they divorced.
- Basil remains in New York City and describes himself as a “Lifelong New Yorker.”
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Basil worked as a special assistant to Fernando Ferrer, the Bronx borough president at the time, from June 1996 to December 2000.
- In 2001, he became the deputy state director and senior aide for Hillary Clinton’s first Senate campaign, and he remained on her Senate staff until 2003.
- He founded Basil Smikle Associates in September 2003, where he offers his expertise in political strategy, public affairs, and communication.
- Basil has been an Adjunct Professor at Columbia University since September 2006.
- He has also been an Adjunct Professor at the City University of New York since September 2008.
He was also named a Distinguished Lecturer in Politics and Public Policy at the Murphy Institute in February 2018.
- Smikle has also been an executive director of the New York State Democratic Committee since April 2015.
- He is a frequent guest analyst on CNN and MSNBC.
Height, Trivia, and Interesting Facts:
- Basil is a huge fan of jazz music.
- He also likes to cook and ride his motorcycle.
- Basil describes himself as competitive and expresses a dislike for losing.
- Basil is a member of the Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity and the ‘100 Black Men of New York,’ through which he helped to establish the Eagle Academy network.
- He is also a founding board member of Harlem Hebrew Academy, as well as a member of several other boards.
- Because Basil Smikle does not have a wiki, he does not yet have the nuances of his date of birth and origin available. As a result, his age today cannot be confirmed.
- Concerning Basil’s group, he has been a cryptic individual, and information about his family and kin has mysteriously vanished.
- The American specialist is married to Marjorie Harris, whom he met during a political mission in 2000. There are no hints as to whether he has any children or not.
- Basil is affiliated with Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs, where he lectures on Politics and Public Policy, and has recently been considered as a separate individual on his work.
- There are no nuances to Basil’s training before enrolling at Cornell University, where he earned a Bachelor of Science.
- Smikle attended Columbia University after graduation, where he earned an MPA. He also has a Ph.D. in Politics and Education.
- In 2015, Governor Andrew Cuomo and Former Governor David Paterson appointed the American specialist to fill in as Executive Director of the New York State.
- Basil also received grants from New York State Comptroller Tom DiNapoli and Governor Andrew Cuomo for his commitment to public assistance and training value.
- Smikle is a founding member of the Harlem Hebrew Academy Charter School and a member of the NYC Center for Charter Excellence’s Board of Directors.
- In 2020, Basil Smikle’s salary and net worth are unknown.
basil smikle bio wife hunter college msnbc twitter wikipedia alpha phi biography age associates a. jr birthday books birthplace dr education email family fraternity wiki height instagram is still married who jamaica linkedin ray mcguire net worth how much of parents professor rutgers shot sr marjorie harris rajapaksa