Table of Contents
Who is Ashley Etienne?
Ashley Etienne (Ashley Danielle Etienne) is a political advisor from the United States. Etienne is currently the communications director for American Vice President Kamala Harris. She previously worked as a communication director and senior advisor to House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi. Ashley was the first woman and the first person of color to serve as the House Speaker’s Communication Director. During Barack Obama’s presidency, she served in a variety of capacities.
She was born in Texas, United States, on February 21st, 1978 (43 years ago).
Avys Etienne Poe and John A. Foreman are her parents. Her parents are both Haitians.
Ashley has managed to keep her sibling’s identity hidden.
She married Nigel Stephens on March 27, 2015, at Rock Creek Park in Washington, D.C. Etienne identifies as a Baptist.
Her children’s information is still unavailable; however, we will update it as soon as it becomes available in the public domain.
She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Sam Houston State University in 2000. She then went on to earn a Master’s degree in Political Communication from Johns Hopkins University.
Ashley began working as a communication director in 2001. In her first two years, beginning in 2001, she worked as a communication director for Ken Bentsen, a member of the Texas State legislature. Ashley has also worked as the communication director for the House Committee on Oversight and Reform in the United States. She worked closely with Elijah Cummings as a communication director for the US House Committee.
She was Chris Bell’s Director of Communications in 2004. Following that, she worked as the Democratic National Committee’s Deputy Chief of Staff for the Southern Region. In addition, from 2006 to 2008, she worked as the communications director at Al Green. Ashley briefly worked for Dewey Square Group in 2008 before joining Barack Obama’s presidential campaign as a spokesperson. In 2009, she also ran her own communications firm. In 2013, Ashley became a member of the Pelosi Congress and their deputy head of messaging.
After Obama won the general election, she was appointed as the Director of Communications for Obama’s Cabinet while also serving as Obama’s special assistant secretary. She decided to relocate to the West Coast during President Donald Trump’s presidency. After she relocated, Nancy Pelosi offered her a position as a communications manager and senior consultant. Following that, she discussed the position with Elijah Cummings, who informed her that she would return to Washington to accept the position.
Ashley became the first woman and the first black person to hold that position after her approval. During her time there, she was in charge of overseeing the Democratic Party’s message for Donald Trump’s impeachment. Anita Dunn hired her as Senior Adviser on Strategic Planning for Joe Biden’s 2020 Presidential Campaign in August 2020. Following Biden’s victory in the 2020 presidential election. Ashely was named Communications Director for Kamala Harris, who was elected Vice President on January 20, 2021.
|Full Name||Ashley Danielle Etienne|
|Parents||John A. Foreman, Avys Etienne Poe|
|Education||Sam Houston State University, The John Hopkins University|
Although her exact height is unknown, she stands at a good height and has a good body measurement.
Ashley Etienne has a net worth is estimated to be $ 1 million.
Ashley Etienne has received a lot of attention in recent months from Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube, where she has thousands of active followers.
10 Facts About Ashley
- Ashley Etienne Poe was born in Texas in 1978 to John A. Foreman and Avys Etienne Poe. She was born in 1972 and is 42 years old.
- John, Etienne’s father, is a volunteer. He is the Gulf Coast Center’s HIV outreach leader in Galveston. He works with people who have mental disabilities, HIV/AIDS patients, and those who have substance abuse issues. Similarly, her mother retired from the Texas Workforce Commission as a payroll tax auditor.
- Ashley’s parents are divorced, and her mother is now married to Sherrod Poe.
- She has a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science from Sam Houston State University and a Master’s degree in Political Communications from The John Hopkins University.
- Ashley describes herself as a communications strategist and problem solver. She has counseled a number of business and political influencers, including Fortune 500 executives, national issue campaigns, and top US political leaders.
- The political adviser is married to Nigel Stephens. The couple married on March 27, 2015, in Rock Creek Park, Washington.
- Ashley’s husband, Nigel, was the director of government affairs for Accenture’s federal services subsidiary consulting firm. He is a Towson University and University of Maryland graduate.
- Etienne’s husband has previously been married. The marriage ended when his first wife died for undisclosed reasons.
- Ashley began her career as the Virginia Spokesperson and Press Secretary for the Obama For America campaigns. She has worked as a Senior Communications Associate for Dewey Square Group, President & CEO for Etienne & Associates, LLC, and other positions over the years.
- Ashley has a small social media following, with 893 followers on Instagram and 20K followers on Twitter.