Who is Andrea Constand? Andrea Erminia Constand (born April 11, 1973) is a former Canadian basketball player and massage therapist. Andrea Constand v. William H. Cosby, Jr. **, in which she accused Bill Cosby of drugging and raping her, catapulted her to fame.
Table of Contents
- 1 Personal Life, Parents, and Family History:
- 2 Early Childhood & Education:
- 3 Job, Earnings, and Net Worth:
- 4 Andrea Constand & Bill Cosby Settlement :
- 5 Andrea Constand Ethnicity / Race / Origin / Heritage / Race : Mixed
- 6 Career
- 7 Bill Cosby
- 8 Lawsuit
The following is an introduction:
Andrea Constand, currently in her late forties, is a former professional women’s basketball player and coach from Canada.
She made news in 2016 when it was revealed that she had testified against American comedian and actor Bill Cosby during his historic trial for multiple sexual abuse allegations.
Personal Life, Parents, and Family History:
- Andrea Erminia Constand was born in Toronto, Canada, on April 11, 1973.
- She was reared in Toronto by her family and was always interested in sports, particularly basketball. She had always wanted to be the first Canadian to play in the WNBA.
- Andrea’s childhood, family, and personal life are all unknown since, owing to the high-profile and unpleasant nature of her allegations about Cosby, she wishes to stay as private as possible.
- Andrea, who lives in Toronto with her dog, is considered to be homosexual.
Early Childhood & Education:
- Andrea rose to prominence as a basketball player while attending high school at Toronto’s ‘Albert Campbell Collegiate Institute.’
- She went on to study on a Basketball Scholarship at Arizona State University in Tucson, USA, as a result of her keen talent on the court.
Job, Earnings, and Net Worth:
- Andrea began her career as the captain of the Arizona Wildcats, and she went on to win the National Invitational League with an average of 10 points per game.
- After representing Canada at a Junior Games event, she opted to sacrifice her WNBA goal in favor of a career in Europe.
- Andrea returned to Canada after barely eighteen months, working in a Nike shop in Ottawa.
- After her ambition of playing professional basketball faded, Andrea went to the United States to pursue a coaching career, first at Arizona State and then at Temple University in Philadelphia, where she met Bill Cosby.
- Despite beginning as a basketball coach at Temple, she rose to the position of Director of Women’s Basketball at the institution.
- Andrea is now a self-employed massage therapist in Toronto, following the drama of the Bill Cosby Case.
Andrea Constand & Bill Cosby Settlement :
- Andrea’s allegations and legal action against Cosby began in 2005. She said that once the two became friends, Bill became fascinated with her, and that when she rebuffed his advances, he drugged her during dinner at his estate one evening and sexually assaulted her.
- Cosby was in his late sixties at the time of the event, and Andrea was only 29. She was also in a relationship at the time.
- After suing him for damages in January 2005, the matter was resolved out of court in 2006 due to a lack of evidence, with Andrea allegedly receiving $3.4 million.
- The case went unsolved until 2016, when a slew of new allegations of Cosby’s previous sexual assault and molestation surfaced.
- Andrea stated in an interview that she originally kept the attack a secret because she believed no one would believe her.
- More than 35 women, including actress Janice Dickinson, submitted complaints, and a civil case was started, with Andrea’s testimony being crucial.
Andrea Constand Ethnicity / Race / Origin / Heritage / Race : Mixed
Andrea Constand Then and Now: Her appearance appears to have altered significantly between 2005 and now.
Andrea Constand used to play basketball. She then became the Director of Operations for Temple University’s women’s basketball team after retiring. She served in that capacity from December 2001 until March 2004.
Andrea Constand filed a lawsuit against Bill Cosby for aggravated sexual assault on December 30, 2015. He allegedly entered her genitals after drugging her in order to prevent her from resisting.
Constand was the Director of Operations for Temple University’s women’s basketball team, according to the probable cause affidavit. In November of 2002, she met Cosby. Cosby called Temple University after their introduction to address business-related concerns.
She and Cosby exchanged personal phone numbers and dined with him several times, both at his home and at restaurants; he introduced her to other individuals in his network and gave her professional advice.
Constand described two occasions when Cosby made unwanted advances toward her. One incident occurred at Cosby’s house, when she felt Cosby caressing her trousers, waist, and inner thigh. She excused herself to use the restroom, grabbed her belongings, and exited without addressing Bill Cosby.
The second event occurred at his home in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, between mid-January and mid-February of 2004. Cosby is a fictional character created by Bill Cosby.
Cosby is said to have informed Constand that “no one else would be there and that she should dress comfortably.” Constand came in a sweatsuit and was informed that the two would be discussing her future job aspirations. Bill Cosby reportedly gave her three blue pills after a couple glasses of wine, telling her they would help her “relax.” Cosby unzipped her trousers and invaded her vagina with his fingers after she had eaten the pills; she said that the medications he had given her earlier rendered her unable to fend him off.
Andrea Constand quit her job at Temple University on March 31, 2004, and returned to Toronto to live with her mother; she reported having nightmares over the event that year.
Andrea informed her mother, Gianna Constand, on January 13, 2005, that Bill Cosby had sexually abused her. Gianna instructed Andrea to submit a police report regarding Cosby’s actions with Canadian authorities.
Cosby contacted Andrea on January 13, 2005, confessed to the assault, and offered to pay for her counseling. He also expressed an interest in assisting her in accomplishing her educational objectives and offered to pay for her ticket so she could meet with him.
Andrea Constand filed a lawsuit against Bill Cosby on March 8, 2005. Several women consented to speak about their experiences as victims of similar scenarios committed by Cosby. In a deposition in September 2005, Cosby acknowledged to purchasing quaaludes to give to young ladies for sex. Mr. Cosby subsequently settles the civil complaint by paying Ms. Constand an unknown sum and signing a nondisclosure agreement.
Parts of Mr. Cosby’s deposition testimony in the 2005 civil lawsuit were unsealed by a court in July 2015. The case was restarted, and investigators traveled to Toronto to question Ms. Constand about what had occurred.
The trial will begin in Norristown, Pennsylvania, in June 2017. On April 27, 2018, Cosby was found guilty.
andrea constand wife young wikipedia cosby age race partner now allegations accusations in 2004 arizona basketball attorney app bill show book black biography player bio born a man civil case court when did come forward deposition dateline interview dating ethnicity ethnic background erminia father family facebook mother and fotos girlfriend how much get who is height hair husband howard stern tall images instagram imdb gay she married lied looks like liar lawyer or woman massage therapy therapist toronto mom marital status net worth nationality parents then money what kelly on the university of speaks out photos pic picture reaction reddit rmt settlement statement story spouse sex change amount twitter today temple testimony transcript transitioning ugly vs victim impact 1980 2021 2002 2020 2005 2019